Tuesday, July 10, 2012

James

When I came to the end of my journey.
And I traveled my last weary mile.
Remember to smile.
Remember of the good things I've done.
Also remember I've had loads of fun.

Sometimes I fell by the way.
But remember I fought some hard battles.
And won.
Forget to grieve for my going.
I wouldn't have you sad for even a day.

But always remember the place where I lay.
Stand for a moment beside me.
As the sun slowly passes down.
Remember only my best.

I glance to the sky.
With music up above.
Jesus has prepared my room.
For my internal life to be.

I leave my footprints behind.
As I walk the trail a head .
With the sun showing off its colors.
Yellows oranges and reds.

Remember the joy,the laughter,
I gave you.
The comfort when you needed it the most.

I lived a good life.
With a million miles of memories.

For my family and friends,I say to you.
Grab one or two of these memories.
Put them in your pocket.

Smile and remember the good thoughts.
Thats how I want it to be.

There will be times when you will wish I was back.
Just remember this.
I'm in the other room.
The one God made for me.

By Michael VanDyke

No comments:

Post a Comment