Saturday, October 15, 2016

Peace......

I have this peaceful place I go
It's not far
But sometimes It's hard to find
When I do find it
It's a beautiful place to be.....

It's not of material,building or land
Nobody else can go there
Some wouldn't understand....

 I found this place of peace
As a child
Wanting to go away
But to stay at the same time....
I can be anywhere,in this world
It will be where I want it to be......

I visited this place of peace
As a child,a teen,a GI in the Army
Adulthood too
The peace controls my thought
My actions too....

This place I speak of
Has no book shelves
No rooms
Really no other places to see or go.....

Peace,where we all should be
I don't visit there
As much as I use to
I taught myself the peace
In the world I live in now
I still fnd it
As needed so....

My home is of peace now
We made it so....

The outside world is ugly
As I see the exceptace
Of things that shouldn't be
They turned their backs
 On respect,honor and scruples.....

This place of peace
You probably know
I know a few people
That have this place of peace
Where they can go
I can see it on their faces
As they return....

I am at this place of peace
As of today
Tomorrow too.....

Words are pouring in
Paper and ink
Thoughts,feelings
It's all starting to flow......

Find your place of peace
Don't tell a soul
You will want to go there often
Until you can control.....


Michael VanDyke @ Oct. 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment