Monday, April 3, 2017

The Island of Dreams

An island of dreams
Was on the horizon....
I seen it
From the floating raft
I was on....

To tired,to awake
I continued to drift
To this island
The island of dreams....
With its shore of sand
Very few trees
Did I see....
In these dreams
It can be
Of romance
Adventure and horror....
Maybe old dreams
As it did before....
In the distance
I see the Trolls hiding
Laughing as they ran....
Even the rainbows
Touching the sands. ..
I've seen the walkways of money
My favorite latti,poured with honey....
I could fly through the sky
With my arms out stretched
Like a bird....
Or in a cave
Of darkness
With no way out....
Dreaming about going to school
With no pants
Being at a prom
When you couldn't even dance....
An island of dreams
Nobody wishes for....
As you drift off to sleep
Than step through that door....
I seen it happen
So many times before....


Michael VanDyke @ 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment