Friday, March 24, 2023

Highways of Life...

 I remember when the highway was my home.

Two years of walking, riding, seeing new things, good and bad.

The hundreds of people along the way. Most were good, a few evils.

You taught yourself how to know the difference and fast!

I see the beauty the world had to offer, sometimes I seen the nightmares of life, the world had to offer too! 

Choices, it's up to us as people, to decide which we choose.

I've slept in jails, under bridges, in wheat fields, orange groves, people's couches, also back seats of cars.

I walked the Interstates, secondary highways, back roads, did it all.

Go days without food, then have times where I ate every day.

All about the times and where you were at.

I've met people that wanted to hurt you, I've met people that were kind and understanding, helping you as they could.

A place to stay, a drink of water, food, pocket change, a ride.

My highway of life had many roads I traveled, giving me the strength, I have, the blessings I have.

Thank you, Lord, for my protection, Amen!


Michael VanDyke @C 2023 ..

No comments:

Post a Comment