Thursday, September 14, 2023

My Eyes see...

 I see the eagle high on its perch.

Taking flight with its wings spread wide.

A hawk with its lightning speed.

Its wings pulled back as its slithers the sky.

The bison below grazing on grass, moving with the wind, keeping the bugs at bay.

I see the stream as it flows, currents headed north.

The fish at ease flicking their tails as they break from travel.

As you look up to the skies, the clouds of white, blend in with the blue.

I can hear the wind as it blows through the wild crested wheat, its greens turning to gold.

There are no roads as far as I can see.

It's just nature running free.

The peace, the quiet.

The background of the mountains, with caps of white, with tips of green from the trees below.

I'll walk this walk, of prairies below.

Making my own paths for my boots to go.



Michael VanDyke @C 2023


No comments:

Post a Comment