Thursday, November 26, 2015

The Nail

The Nail  

Dedicated to Kenny Young.....



Most people,would just see a nail
I see memories and thoughts.....

The many miles of fence
The miles of walking
Hammering a nail
Into a wooden post.......

Building a cattle fence
Making the cattle safe
The other land owners happy......

It reminds me of the many people
I worked with
Putting fences up
Or taking it down......

Be it in the dead of winter
Or the hottest days of summer.......

So few,were good at what they did
Some enjoyed it
Worked as a team.......

That's the memories
It has for me....

Fences up and tight
Fences down and rolled
We did it all.......

Not a whimper
Not a complaint
Working walking
As we go......

Stories told
Laughter too
This little nail
Reminds me
Of a story or two.......


Michael VanDyke @ 2015






No comments:

Post a Comment