Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Keep Walking..

I watched the Eagle fly
Into the distant skies....

My thoughts started to drift
Like a gentle rain on my soul...

Reminding me
Of my past
To where I would go....

It reminds me of a few
Old sayings...

"Sometimes a shortcut,
Is the long way around"...

"Living with your eyes closed
Is easy"....

But I never did so...

I have miles of memories
On that road...

What will tomorrow bring
Would it bring a memory....

Or float away
Like a leaf
In a trickle stream....

Where is my life going
Where has it been....

Memories are forever
Dreams do come true....

The window to my heart
Use to have dead echoes
It only took you halfway.....

A path will always be there
With the glows
Of the moonlite nights.....

Making miles of more memories
What many tomorrows
Will bring.......


Michael VanDyke @ 2017  

No comments:

Post a Comment