Thursday, April 26, 2012

The art of life

Walking in this world
With my feet
I use as maps......

I don't have the luxury
Of beautiful homes and cars
Its something I never needed
Nor do I want to share
The museums of beautiful art
The jewels of the rich.....

I've only to go outside
For my canvas of sky
Also of the earth
The colors of the land
With trees of green and blue....

The skys they light up
With rainbows of colors
At night the stars gleam with delight.....

The art you see its natural
The jewels I have are free....

The song birds in the trees
The sounds of the creek
On a calm day
Also the rustle of the fall leaves....

I've seen the birth of life
A baby crying in it's mothers arms....

To smell the air
After a sunset
Or from the morning dew....

I'll take the mountains
Or deserts
Of cource the plains I know.....

Finding the joys of life
That was given me
For my eyes to see
My ears to hear
My other sense's too....

I've seen the death of nature
The birth our spring days bring....

Watch the flowers paint a canvas
Purples,greens and reds
Also the yellows and blues.....

Take away the riches
The jewels,money too....

I have my life
Just by sitting outside my door
To listen,to see.........


Michael VanDyke



No comments:

Post a Comment