Thursday, April 26, 2012

Free Spirit

As I seen this feather
It was floating through the sky
I picked it up to ask it why
It looked at me as if to say
I don't know why I do it that way.....

To feel the winds under my feet
It lifts my soul
Like a kid with a candy treat.....

Where ever it takes me
I'll do the best I can
Because I am of the free spirit
Yes I am.....

So when I float to the ground
To settle for awhile
A few minutes later
A breeze is lifting
Me higher and higher....

Where it takes me
I do not know
The time
It doesn't matter
For my heart has told me so....

It's the free spirit in my soul
Its time to give you that promise
To let the free spirit let you go....

So grab my hand
As the winds blow
We will sail on
To the dreams to be
This is the free spirit
For you
For me.....

The free spirit I talk of is real
Its always at its best
There is always the truth
The truth to you
The free spirit
Will never leave you
Leave you like the rest....

The time it doesn't matter
The day we really don't care
The time to deal
That's when its at it's best....

For the people don't touch
They don't dare
The free spirit is there
It does care......

So let the feather go
Into the wind
To see it breeze away
Drop onto a path
Yet another day......

The free spirit has taken it
On a ride until it's final day
Where it will turn to dust
Then just blow away........

Michael VanDyke @C 2017


No comments:

Post a Comment