Monday, February 5, 2018

That's Why I Grew up,To Be Me

They ask me why I am the way I am
It doesn't take long to say.....

I use to see the tears roll down Mom's face
The scares inside, the bruises outside
I'm sorry, it will never happen again
I know it's a lie
With a lot of practice you see
That's why I grew up, to be me....

I knew it was time to leave
Where do you go
I haven't a place
A broken heart at a young age
That's why I grew up to be me....

Don't yell at me, I'll walk away
I've just seen it to many times
I'll be nice, if you will too
All you have to do is say
That's why I grew up to be me....

Here I am, on my own
Making a living you see
Never hurt a person, leave them be
You think you know who I am
You will never be (as you think)
That's why I grew up to be me....

A few choice friends
Are in my world now
They understand, they know
One thing I can say, they do too
That's why I grew up to be me.....


Michael VanDyke  C@ 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment