Monday, February 19, 2018

The Room Beyond...

As the key enters the slot
To open the door
I hear the click, as the key turns
Left or right
The hinges are old and worn
They squeak, as the swing of the door
What's on the other side
As we know, there is more
I see the darkness
The smell of stale air
Objects sitting in the shadows
The dirty windows
Casting of some light
The silhouettes dancing on the walls
Does this room hold the answers
We all want to know
Or, maybe an escape, from it all
Why was it locked
What were we not to see
I hear the creaking of the floor
As I walked into the darkness
Shadows playing games
Than I see it
Standing straight and tall
An old grey sheet
Covering most of it all
The reflections of the eyes
Glaring towards my direction
Backwards I go
As the door shuts behind me
The key locking it
As it was before
What's on the other side
I don't want to know...........


 



Michael Vandyke C@ 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment