Monday, February 12, 2018

The Piano Stool

As I look on stage
Into the far corner I see
A piano stool
I think to myself
I wonder where that has been
Sitting in the corner
All alone
Why was it there
I would always ask
How many people has it sat
It was made of old
The wood in the days
When it was good
As also style
If it could only talk
Telling us the stories
Of the people that sat on the stool
Were they learning how to play
Where they a pro
Did it hear the boogie woogie
Or maybe a classical play
Was it a child
Who's legs couldn't touch the floor
Or raised up for an adult
Whom wrote a score
As its days grew old
With no more
Replaced by a bigger bench
That could store
Put me off in the corner
I've done my work
Give me a glance
As I've seen you do
Smile as you look
I'm still solid
I will never rot
I'm glad I could sit there
As they were taught.......


Michael Vandyke C@ 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment