Wednesday, March 7, 2018

An Old Erie House

Tammy and I were walking, just outside of town. It was an overcast day, the sun barely peeking through the clouds.
We could see rain coming, it looked like a distant shadow of grey.
We remembered, there was an old house a few hundred feet down the road, we knew it was time to take cover.
As we walked closer to the old house, we noticed it was getting bigger and bigger, I didn't realize the house was that big.
It was a huge three story home, windows everywhere, some of the windows were broke, shuttered hanging off their hinges.
The roof looked solid, which meant no leaks inside.
As we approached the house, we seen a nice porch with steps made of wood, leading up to the porch, also made of wood. It was a nice porch, big, also room enough for many chairs, even a swing bench with chains hanging from it's roof line.
The paint was missing, just grey boards and nails.
The main door was very unusual, it was a double door, windows stained with the fancy door knobs of brass.
The porch squeaked as we walked towards the door. I grabbed one of the door knobs, gave it a twist, the door opens, with cobwebs hanging on the top of the door, swinging out with the door, as if, not to fall.
Just than we heard the rain coming down, hard and heavy! We made it just in time.
Tammy and I walked inside, it was dark and gloomy, but dry.
Most of you know I like old houses and buildings, so we started to snoop around a bit.
The living room, which we were in, was huge! Furniture was here and there.
We thought it odd, no coverings were over any of the chairs or couch.
Dishes were on the dining table also.
I could see the kitchen from the area I was standing, so I walked over to it. It was nice, an old set up, as you thought it would be. An old cook stove, wood cooler and table.
What stuck me odd was that, as I looked around I could see canned goods in the cupboard, plates on the table, silverware also.
Tammy and I looked at each other, Tammy say's "Do you think someone still lives here"?
I was wondering the same thing too!
Lets walk up the stairs and see if their is anything strange up there. Tammy was sticking very close to me by than!
There was barely any light in the house, with many shadows dancing off the walls!
All the sudden, I felt a presence of something or someone looking at me! I whispered to Tammy, she felt it too!
We glanced over towards an opened door, there it was, a mirror, dirty but reflective. Our images standing in it.
So we kept walking, starting to feel comfortable and relaxed.
Tammy and I decided to split up and check out the other rooms on the floor, than to meet back by the stairs.
As I opened the first door to a bedroom, I could see it was very dark and hadn't been used in a very long time. So I shut the door and walked over to the other room.
I could see a hall closet, a few clothes hanging in it, with odds and ends on the shelf.
I could hear Tammy opening and closing doors too.
I came to the last door on the floor, grabbed the handle to open it and all of the sudden, I felt a touch!
I looked around, thinking it was Tammy!
I looked down the hallway, only to see her going up the second flight of stairs, to the third floor.
So I though maybe its just an old cobweb or spider. I grabbed the door knob, swung the door opening and this shadow runs across the room, to dive under the bed!
I just stood there froze in my tracks! It wasn't a four legged shadow either, it only had two legs!
I looked over towards the bed and it had blankets on it, they were drawn down, as you see, when your getting ready to go to bed.
That was enough for me! I wasn't brave enough to have another look, so I shut the door and headed down the hallway, looking for the stairs Tammy took.
I found the stairs, I started running up the stairs, to grab Tammy, so we could get out of this house!
I made it to the third floor, turned to see where Tammy was, than I see three shadows walk into a room!
This was getting to creepy for me, so I was about to yell for Tammy, when I hear this blood curling scream!
The hair on the back of my neck and arms were standing straight up!
One of the doors swung open and..............................



Michael Vandyke C@ 2018




No comments:

Post a Comment