Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Shattered Not Broken

As you pick up the pieces
The reflections of yourself
Show through
The scars you carry
Not of flesh
Your soul, ripped to pieces
Bleeding your emotions
Within the spirit of you
Living, as life goes on
The love for your children
You watch as they grow
Leaving home
Some to never show
The work, muscles and nerves
Living on the edge
You just find that extra wedge
And push on
Some shattered
But never broken
The reflections back
Some may be
Are memories to erase
Your mate, love of your life
Never to hurt you
To always walk, by your side
Can leave the deepest scars
Unfaithfulness, bitterness
And loss
Tearing your emotions
Never breaking you
But shattering you
Into little pieces
Laying on the ground
Break me you can't
My spirit says no
I put myself together
I walk tall
The scars never show
A hand is on my heart
I feel is so
My spirit carries me
This I know
It might seem not
But its true
Shattered not broken
With reflections of me
Through you..........

Michael VanDyke C 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment