Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Words Of Play

Did you ever chase a white rabbit
Go ask Alice, she would know
Seen the house of the rising sun
Or the dark side of the moon
How about eat an American pie
With a bit of brown sugar too
Seen a green river
Looked over the rainbow
Maybe sit in a bar
In margarita Ville
I know you better stay off copperhead road
As the rains are coming down
Did the devil go down to Georgia
Or did he see the stairway to heaven
I've seen the crying eyes
As the teardrops fall
Knowing you had to be taking care of business
Without suspicious minds
So I tried on those blue swede shoes
Didn't like them, so I bought boots
Because my boots were made for walking
I made it to the city once, but left
Had to get back to my country roads
Hey you, roll me away
As soon as I hang up the phone
Words of play are fun
But your going to drive me to drinking
If you don't stop driving
That hot rod Lincoln.......



No comments:

Post a Comment